Ryan B. Breland, M.D.
Ryan Breland, M.D., is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, arthroscopy, joint replacement, and arthroscopic rotator cuff repair. Dr. Breland is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine.
Dr. Breland graduated from Birmingham-Southern College with a bachelor’s degree in biological chemistry. He earned his medical degree from the University of Alabama School Of Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama. Following medical school, he completed an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky. Recently, he completed a sports medicine fellowship at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky.
Dr. Breland has a special interest in sports medicine and providing care for athletes. While in Kentucky he served as associate team physician for the Kentucky Wildcats. He has also authored multiple research papers in major journals on topics related to sports medicine and arthroscopy.
In his time away from work, Dr. Breland enjoys spending time with his wife and labrador. His father is a physician in Panama City, Florida, and his grandfather practiced family medicine in Marianna, Florida, for over forty years.
University of Alabama School of Medicine
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
University of Louisville
Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship
University of Kentucky
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Breland R, Nyland J, Lee YH, Culy D, Burden R, Caborn D. Outside-in continuous suturing is superior to interrupted suturing for repairing peripheral meniscus lesions: an in vitro biomechanical study using a porcine model. Arthroscopy. 2013;29(12):1974-80.
- Breland R, Metzler A, Johnson DL. Indications for 2-incision anterior cruciate ligament surgery. Orthopedics. 2013;36(9):708-11.